Did you know....
....there are approximately 3000 abused, neglected or wayward children in Nebraska who are in out of home care? These children deserve safe, loving and nurturing homes. You can help make a difference and become a NOVA foster parent if you reside in these Nebraska counties:
Boone, Burt, Butler, Cass, Cedar, Clay, Colfax, Dakota, Dixon, Dodge, Douglas, Fillmore, Gage, Hamilton, Jefferson, Johnson, Lancaster, Merrick, Nance, Nemaha, Nuckolls, Otoe, Pawnee, Platte, Polk, Richardson, Saline, Saunders, Seward, Thayer, Thurston, Washington, and York.
What does it take to be a foster parent?
A foster parent must:
· Attend training and meet licensing requirements.
· Help children grow and develop mentally and physically.
· Provide care and supervision.
· Work as part of a team with caseworkers and biological parents.
· Be skilled in creative problem-solving and listening.
· Be financially independent of the foster care payment.
Contact us for more information on how to get started!